Jaguar XE Forum banner

Water streaks on side windows

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Hi guys, not sure if this is an isolated case, but I have realised recently that on my XE, 24 h after washing the car, if I lower the driver window and get it back up it gets wet as there seems to be excessive moisture inside the door.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I tried the forum search without too much luck. However, there are cases for other brands.

How can we solve this? Is it a simple sealing issue or enhancing the drying process inside the door?

#2 ·
Happens with every car I've ever had, water drains from the doors eventually and dries out but not immediately after a drenching

#3 ·
Yes, the inside of the doors can hold a lot of water but they're designed for that. There's a membrane between the door metalwork and the door card that keeps things dry and functional. Sometimes when I enter the car after heavy rain, there's a small torrent of water emmanating from the door bottom drain holes.

G
#4 ·
The seal has a fibre lining to it, similar to very short velvet. This holds some moisture and is meant to stop the window squeaking with rubber against glass and to also stop any grit scratching the glass. Just to look at it wind the window down fully and you will see what I mean. That holds the moisture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.