Jaguar Breakfast Club - June 5th - XE Feature Day

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Kaikoura

Jaguar Breakfast Club - June 5th - XE Feature Day

Post by Kaikoura » Sat May 22, 2021 5:21 pm

There was a post-lockdown JBC breakfast meeting at Gaydon today and I was pleased to meet up again with the usual suspects from this forum. But I must say it was a bit cold :o

In just two weeks time, on June 5th, we have the normal monthly JBC meeting and the featured Jaguar model will be the XE. Weather permitting we will line up as many XE cars was we can on the grass in front of the museum. Should be a good photo opportunity and a chance to meet up with other XE owners.

For those who have not been to a JBC event before it is held at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ. Official start time is 9:30 but today the museum opened the restaurant for breakfast buns and tea/coffee at 8:30. Actual timings will be confirmed nearer the date. Due to COVID-19 places need to be pre-booked via the museum website and a link will be posted when available.

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW :D

DSC_0017.jpeg

Richard Green

I know what's wrong and if I could find it I'd fix it.

2016 XE R-Sport; 2004 XKR convertible; 1975 Triumph TR6

147daytona

Re: Jaguar Breakfast Club - June 5th - XE Feature Day

Post by 147daytona » Sat May 22, 2021 7:02 pm

I'm really looking forward to this, it will mean a 6am start and will be my 1st BC meet.
Let's hope the weather improves :o
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Sat May 22, 2021 8:59 pm

I'll be along, looking forward to it!
S 380, ICT Pro, Virtual Dash, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Mercurio

Post by Mercurio » Sat May 22, 2021 10:07 pm

I'll be there. Perfect timing at the start of a week's holiday. Gaydon not exactly on the direct route from Norfolk to Yorkshire, but I'm sure the diversion will be worth it
2017 XE-S 340, Dark Sapphire, 19" Venom wheels
2013 XF 3.0 V6 Supercharged Portfolio, British Racing Green, 20" Hydra wheels

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sat May 22, 2021 11:06 pm

Feedback from an XE group on Facebook reminds me that some owners cannot attend due to distance or other issues. So I made an offer that anyone who cannot attend can post a picture of their car and I will make up a montage and include it in the XE display on June 5th. Same offer applies to this group and I will post pictures of the display and everyone can be with us in spirit.

If you want to be with us I just need a picture of your car, your name and location :D
Richard Green

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 am

Richard,
As previously mentioned and promised per my earlier posting under this thread, I used the cost of airfare to have my MY19 XE R-Sport 30t professionally detailed and nano-ceramic renewed at the 2 year/25,000 mile mark in lieu of flying and quarantining your way. I also just mounted a new set of four Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tires shown in the attached. They handle and grip very-y-y well. Feel free to use these pics as my submission from across the Pond for your Montage.
Thanks,
Paul Manz
aka First Jag-g-g
Northeast USA

IMG_20210522_085944724_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210522_090051754_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210522_090720455~2.jpg

2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 am

First Jag-g-g wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 am
Richard,
As previously mentioned and promised per my earlier posting under this thread, I used the cost of airfare to have my MY19 XE R-Sport 30t professionally detailed and nano-ceramic renewed at the 2 year/25,000 mile mark in lieu of flying and quarantining your way. I also just mounted a new set of four Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tires shown in the attached. They handle and grip very-y-y well. Feel free to use these pics as my submission from across the Pond for your Montage.
Thanks,
Paul Manz
aka First Jag-g-g
Northeast USA
Very nice Paul, money well spent. I will make sure that your beautiful car forms part of our display montage.
Richard Green

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Sun May 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Mercurio wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:07 pm
I'll be there. Perfect timing at the start of a week's holiday. Gaydon not exactly on the direct route from Norfolk to Yorkshire, but I'm sure the diversion will be worth it
I'm from Lowestoft and will be going via Norwich on the A11/A14 👍
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Mon May 24, 2021 10:03 am

Kaikoura wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:06 pm
Feedback from an XE group on Facebook reminds me that some owners cannot attend due to distance or other issues. So I made an offer that anyone who cannot attend can post a picture of their car and I will make up a montage and include it in the XE display on June 5th. Same offer applies to this group and I will post pictures of the display and everyone can be with us in spirit.

If you want to be with us I just need a picture of your car, your name and location :D

...Your welcome to use any of the pics of my car - click the Pics link in the car profile below

Phil from Sussex
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Mon May 24, 2021 10:34 am

Kaikoura wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:21 pm
There was a post-lockdown JBC breakfast meeting at Gaydon today and I was pleased to meet up again with the usual suspects from this forum. But I must say it was a bit cold :o

In just two weeks time, on June 5th, we have the normal monthly JBC meeting and the featured Jaguar model will be the XE. Weather permitting we will line up as many XE cars was we can on the grass in front of the museum. Should be a good photo opportunity and a chance to meet up with other XE owners.

For those who have not been to a JBC event before it is held at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ. Official start time is 9:30 but today the museum opened the restaurant for breakfast buns and tea/coffee at 8:30. Actual timings will be confirmed nearer the date. Due to COVID-19 places need to be pre-booked via the museum website and a link will be posted when available.

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW :D
Hi Kaikoura.

I was there also, and yes it was quite cold. I looked around the museum after I had my breakfast and by the time I came out it had warmed up a bit. I even saw Quentin Wilson there. I also bought the breakfast club book. (Can't wait to try some of the routes in it.) I also joined the Jaguar drivers club! I'm going all in! :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately I won't be attending the 5th of June event as it is a bit of a trek for me. Will probably leave it for a while as not a fan of boring motorway journeys. I'm sure it will be a fantastic event.

Ian
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o