Delivery Dates

All Jaguar XE related discussions
franko666

Re: Delivery Dates

Post by franko666 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:19 pm

I just read my agreement, and yes you will receive any deposit in full if they cancel the order.
Jaguar XE Black Edition P250 Santorini Black

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:22 pm

I've just checked the legal situation with my daughter who is a lawyer. She advises that it entirely depends on the fine print Terms & Conditions of the contract that the ordering individual signs.
She thinks it highly likely that these T&Cs will say something like "JLR reserve the right to cancel at any time prior to delivery".
So, yes you'll get your deposit back but there is unlikely to be any extra compensation that you can claim (even though I think there should be).
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Exocet

Post by Exocet » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:44 pm

I don't think there is anything we can do should Jaguar cancel, ultimately it's their product and their terms. I did call Jaguar customer services just to see if they had any extra detail that the dealer did not.

They suggested the supply problem might be wider than just the P250 engine, seemingly related to the R Sport variant itself, so it may include the P300 too. This might explain why the P250 engine is still available in their other models.

They also suggested, albeit in a vague and inconclusive way, that this may be temporary and the engine option could return in future.

Perhaps if enough customers call the manufacturer directly they may be inclined to put out a statement to clarify.

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:51 pm

franko666 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:19 pm
I just read my agreement, and yes you will receive any deposit in full if they cancel the order.
I was really making the point that the purchaser also has the right to cancel the contract and get a refund, given that Diegodh92 felt it was unfair if he cancelled and lost his deposit. Personally, I don't think it is reasonable to expect JLR to compensate customers for something entirely outside their control that is also affecting other manufacturers; whether for goodwill purposes they or the dealer should make a gesture to those who do not cancel, I guess will be driven by the numbers that choose to cancel.
XF - 2010-2015
XE - 2015-2018
F-Pace 2018 - 2021
RR Evoque delivered April 2021

Post by 165237 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:18 pm

I ordered a new D200 XE R dynamic Black with various "goodies" on in February 2021 and was told to expect delivery April 21. Then the weekly updates started to show delays of a week, then 2 weeks, then a month until it got to June. Reading about the shortage of microchips and then Castle Bromwich on shut down whilst they prioritise build of their more popular F and I Pace models. Then an article in the press saying Castle Bromwich will not start production until 10th August at the earliest. When I asked about the article around 10th August the dealer looked at me blankly, JLR customer service denied it. My car was also on the JLR build schedule but they would not tell me when it would be definitely delivered. I cancelled my order and the dealer returned my deposit quickly and without any fuss as they could not provide a car even of similar spec to what I wanted. I then went on the JLR used car site and found an ex demo with more extra's on it for a cheaper price but not exactly the colour I wanted. Still very pleased with what I got but as others have said not sure what JLR are playing at although they are not alone regarding the microchip shortage.

IvorB1H

Post by IvorB1H » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:43 pm

I’m starting to think I need to stop reading this thread :( :shock:

FYI when I changed to the D200 although it’s more expensive I did manage to get the price down to almost the same as the P250 (within £2.50pcm) so took that as the goodwill gesture (I wanted a boot mat too but they refused that).

Looking forward to getting this car far too much & the next few months are going to be excruciating that’s if it doesn’t get delayed.

Does anyone on this forum work for or have a line into someone at JLR who’s be willing to clarify the situation and if they foresee any issues with the currently offered engine variants ??

Also is there a way of checking build / delivery dates yourself without having to go through the dealer think in a few weeks they’ll be sick of me calling :D
On Order - XE R-Dynamic HSE P250 (now D200 :cry: :? ), Portofino Blue & toys
Current - E-Pace S D180, Silver - basic !

Lary

Post by Lary » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:23 pm

Anyone had any positive updates on build dates? My dealer gives me an update every Friday but no moves in the right direction for last few weeks. My original due date was end of July but currently showing mid September.

IvorB1H

Post by IvorB1H » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:00 am

Not checked in with them yet I’ll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see if it’s moved. The factory that builds the XE is shut at the minute I believe anyway until mid-august ?

Lary

Post by Lary » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:44 am

Was told last time that I they were closed for maintenance for two weeks, should be back running again next week

IvorB1H

Post by IvorB1H » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Well I called earlier and the dealer said that there are no updates, don’t know if this means that the build / delivery dates stay the same or not nor did she ….