Delivery Dates

All Jaguar XE related discussions
IvorB1H

Re: Delivery Dates

Post by IvorB1H » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:56 pm

January ?? !!!

I feel you pal, especially as you ordered on April!

They have given me a build date of 8th October & Delivery date of 29th (D200) I’ll make a point of checking with them each week & hopefully it won’t slip…
On Order - XE R-Dynamic HSE P250 (now D200 :cry: :? ), Portofino Blue & toys
Current - E-Pace S D180, Silver - basic !

Diegodh92

Re: Delivery Date

Post by Diegodh92 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:59 am

Really? Are they able to cancel it? I ordered the p250 at the end of April but still no news. When the dealer gave me the completion date of mid August they said it had been accepted by the factory, so I’m really surprised.

I wouldn’t know what to do if mine is cancelled, I don’t like the diesel or even other brand alternatives...

I was about to sell my current one, I’m glad I didn’t

davpea

Post by davpea » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:04 am

Suggest you call your dealer - I was told that ALL p250 orders are cancelled :-(

Wolfie1

Post by Wolfie1 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:23 am

That is so rubbish about the p250, if that was the case with mine after i had placed the order, i would have done 2 things, either get a p300 with the same spec as the p250 for very similar money or cancelled my order and bought a c300 merc instead, for my drive cycle with a diesel would be no end of dpf issues, also i dont like rattley diesel engines that i personally think cheapen a lovely car.

Exocet

Post by Exocet » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:09 pm

I have just had the conversation with the dealer.

For the second time in as many years, my order too has been cancelled. I placed mine in March.

It was about this time last year that my first order was cancelled.

I've never had so much trouble trying to get a company to take my money before.

franko666

Post by franko666 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Yep, got a call from the dealer his morning. My P250 build has been cancelled. I have offered the same psec with the D200 and a £500 payment from Jaguar for the inconvenience. The P300 is coming in over the £40000 threshold, so I don't know what to do now. Was told 2 weeks ago all was ok, as it was ordered in early April. Its a joke.
Jaguar XE Black Edition P250 Santorini Black

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:43 pm

It really is quite extraordinary the way Jaguar is treating its (potentially) money-paying customers. It's as if the want to put them off the brand completely (maybe they do).
To accept orders and then after several months to just cancel them is totally unacceptable and verging on the un-ethical.
I can foresee that a lot of would-be Jaguar customers will end up checking out and buying BMWs, Audis and Mercs.
What an own goal for JLR!
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Diegodh92

Post by Diegodh92 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:42 pm

Can we actually do anything regarding the cancellation? I’ve signed lots of documents regarding my build and I had to pay a non refundable deposit to secure it, and if I cancel it I will lose it. But on the other hand they can end the contract without any compensation to me? It doesn’t seem fair.

This was going to be my first Jaguar after driving an Astra for 4 years, so quite an upgrade, but I didn’t expect a reputable brand having that awful customer service. I don’t know which brand I’ll pick next but I’m sure I’ll never consider Jaguar again...

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:04 pm

You're right - since there is always a substantial deposit to pay by the individual when placing an order, that forms a contract and JLR's cancellation must be a breach of that contract. Or maybe legally, the contract is between the dealership and the individual.
Either way some sort of compensation should be payable to the individual for breach of contract. It would be very interesting if someone in this situation would consult lawyers and bring a suitable action. However, this is bound to cost money, with no guarantee you'd see it back, so you'd need to be brave (and/or rich) to take this on.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:07 pm

The Purchase Order contract on my Evoque and as I recall on the previous two Jaguars has an estimated delivery date and a clause to the effect that if the car is not delivered within 3 months of that date then the Customer or {Dealer} can cancel and deposit returned. Check your contract for similar wording under the Delivery section.
XF - 2010-2015
XE - 2015-2018
F-Pace 2018 - 2021
RR Evoque delivered April 2021