Operating Adaptive Cruise Control 2017 XE

All Jaguar XE related discussions
RED-68

Operating Adaptive Cruise Control 2017 XE

Post by RED-68 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:24 pm

Having had ACC on previous VW cars I'm very familiar with its activation, operation and settings.

My "new" is advertised as having ACC when I purchased it but I'm now doubting it

Having tried to access the menu settings for ACC have not been forthcoming.

I have followed the instructions on p125-133 of the manual but to no avail.

1. Is their a "sub menu" in the system somewhere that I haunt found?

2. It states in the manual that some features and settings are not available unless the engine is running - Is the ACC one of them?

3 .Is the menu/settings for ACC only available when travelling with the cruise control set?

All responses very much appreciated.

RoJo

Re: Operating Adaptive Cruise Control 2017 XE

Post by RoJo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:13 pm

If you have ACC, you'll have the marked buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. Similar to <---> but vertical.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:49 pm

RED-68 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Having had ACC on previous VW cars I'm very familiar with its activation, operation and settings.

My "new" is advertised as having ACC when I purchased it but I'm now doubting it

Having tried to access the menu settings for ACC have not been forthcoming.

I have followed the instructions on p125-133 of the manual but to no avail.

1. Is their a "sub menu" in the system somewhere that I haunt found?

2. It states in the manual that some features and settings are not available unless the engine is running - Is the ACC one of them?

3 .Is the menu/settings for ACC only available when travelling with the cruise control set?

All responses very much appreciated.
Hi John. First sign of ACC is the growler badge on the front grill has a rectangular plastic surround. You will also see on the steering wheel, apart from the up and down arrows (North and South position) there are also some additional arrows in the East and West positions. A long double ended arrow on the West position and a short double ended arrow on the East position.
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Later models did away with the rectangular plastic surround and the sensor is instead incorporated in the growler badge itself for a lot neater look. The buttons on the steering wheel remain the same as earlier models.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Cabby

Post by Cabby » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:01 am

147daytona wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 pm
Later models did away with the rectangular plastic surround and the sensor is instead incorporated in the growler badge itself for a lot neater look. The buttons on the steering wheel remain the same as earlier models.
The title says it’s a 2017 model, so I believe it will have the rectangular plastic surround on the grill if it has ACC?
XE 250 R-Dynamic Black in Eiger Grey with Siena Tan interior, 19" Style 1050 alloys and a few toys
Gone, but not forgotten - XE 250 Portfolio in Corris Grey with Siena Tan

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:26 am

As Rojo said earlier.
If you don't have the controls on the right of the steering wheel you don't have it.
A "set" button to set the speed once you get to it with + and - buttons to adjust the set speed.
Also another set of buttons to increase or decrease the distrance from the vehicle in front.
If you don't have these last buttons then you may have normal cruise control without the adaptive facility.

Go to the online manual for a MY18 and it shows both sets of controls if you have "normal" cruise control or the adaptive.

https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/
2019 Evoque P300 HSE - now gone.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.