Nearly New Owner

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
G00n3r

Nearly New Owner

Post by G00n3r » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:26 pm

Hi
Thought I'd come on here and ask the experts about what to look for when buying a used 2017 XE 2.0d Portfolio AWD, 40K

I have just about bought one, collect it on Saturday.

Before I drive away into the distance I have some time with the car to have a good look over it but not sure other than the obvious what I should be looking for, indeed I found out today that the sat nav ssd is locked to that specific car by way of VIN programmed onto it, anything like that you can think of would be a great help.

If the previous owner (who I dont know) used the InControl app is there any way of getting the VIN of the car transferred to a new account set up by me?

Any little thing you can think of will be a great help.

Thanks for reading.

"Up the Gunners" :D
2017 XE 2.0d AWD,4 doors, auto boot, 40/20/40 seats, Pan Sun, 19" wheels with tyres, Portofino Blue :roll:

RoJo

Re: Nearly New Owner

Post by RoJo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:32 pm

If you're buying external to JLR network you'll have to wait until you get the V5 document in order to set yourself up for Incontrol. Once you have that, you can contact Jaguar customer relations centre CRC and they'll assist you with that.

Have you checked the Online Service History? You just need the VIN for that.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

G00n3r

Post by G00n3r » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi RoJo

Ok thats a help on the InControl thing.

Thanks for this, yes checked the history, all good thanks.

Anything mechanically I should be looking for?

Thanks for the reply.
2017 XE 2.0d AWD,4 doors, auto boot, 40/20/40 seats, Pan Sun, 19" wheels with tyres, Portofino Blue :roll:

fraser

Post by fraser » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Your car would seem to be almost identical to mine, except for colour, inside and out. I bought my 2017 Portfolio in Jan 2019 from a main agent and it was on 10k miles, now on 31k. So far it has been virtually faultless, although I had steering wheel shake on braking so the dealer replaced the front discs and pads under good will, (these are not warranted items). Since then it just goes and goes. I am very glad to have the heated steering wheel and seats, and the Comfort suspension so it is just as good as my previous 2007 XJ6 Sovereign, believe it or not ! Of course rear seat room is not good, but we are a retired couple so rarely need it, I bought and installed a spare wheel bought off the internet, but you then need to buy the boot floor for the spare wheel option as it sits higher than the one with the blow-up kit.
The tyres seem to last a long time as I'm still on the originals with quite a lot of tread still remaining.