Thank You

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
blue_Phil

Re: Thank You

Post by blue_Phil » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Had a night drive in it. Parked up to see this light. Didn't know this was part of the opening light set up. Nice touch

20210305_203847.jpg

MY20 Santorini Black D180 R-Dynamic SE AWD. Black Exterior Pack, Privacy Glass, Cold Climate Pack & Technology Pack

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 am

blue_Phil wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:23 pm
Jeff123 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 am
Depends upon how OCD you are, but if I was buying new I would consider the protective acrylic pieces at the back of the sill. Mine was pretty stone-chipped after c10k miles.
I'm pretty OCD :lol: Not sure what these would be though. Do you have a link at all?

Welcome to the forum. Car looks great.

Re what Jeff mentioned, due to the design, the XE does suffer a road rash problem on the lower panels immediately in front of the rear wheels. It’s a really good idea to clear wrap them to prevent any damage to the paintwork. While you’re at it, do the kick plates either side too which will stop any scratching. Have a look through this link viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9402&sid=d6896d318 ... c8ec4b2850 for more info
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual, 40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel

2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:31 pm

blue_Phil wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:26 pm
Had a night drive in it. Parked up to see this light. Didn't know this was part of the opening light set up. Nice touch
I have those on mine and you are correct, they are a nice touch, but I find they don't illuminate any puddles that may be outside the door when you get out, unlike the ones under the door that did. Guess how I know about that 😲🤬
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

DABroke

Post by DABroke » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:47 pm

My car has just notched up 5000 miles since new this time last year. While washing the car last weekend, I noticed the first signs of the dreaded road rash at the rear of the sills. Luckily at the moment, its barely noticeable unless you kneel down and take a good close look. I am now waiting for delivery of some precut PPF from Aliath so that I can get some protection on there ASAP. Not sure what the quality of the Aliath film is like or how durable it will be, but at least it will suffice until I can get some good PPF fitted professionally at some time in the near future.This is the link of the film that I have ordered: https://www.aliath.co.uk/collections/ja ... ear-shield
MY20 Carpathian Grey P250 R-Dynamic HSE. Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Matrix Headlights, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Rear Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Configurable Dynamics, 360 Camera, Clearsight Mirror, Convenience Pack, Red Brake Calipers + load more stuff!

Jeff123

Post by Jeff123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:56 pm

XE R-Dynamic 180d Eiger Grey MY20

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:56 pm

147daytona,

I have the last of the old style XE with my MY19 R-Sport. I was surprised it did not have the logo puddle lights like its then Land Rover same MY19 counterparts at the JLR dealership. After searching the other Exterior Mirror Puddle Light threads in the forum and not finding anything, I pose this question to you or anyone else who might know:

Is there an OEM retrofit kit from JLR or could I order an OEM JLR MY20 Replacement Part that is an exact fit for my MY19 R-Sport?

Money is not an issue but rather fitment and OEM performance is a filter for my go/no-go decision similar to the OEM (vs EBay) "R" badge I had installed on my front grille after JLR dropped it from their MY19 R-Sport trim design.
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:30 am

If you are talking about the lights in the underside of the mirror as in blue-Phils post earlier, I think these are a direct replacement for the existing mirror lights.

I did replace the lights in the underside of the door on my previous 240 with some logo projector ones from eBay which were very good and a direct swap for the OEM ones, and were also more useful than the ones in the mirrors.

ps, the R badge never was an option on the R-Sport, only the S badge for that model.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Thanks for the mirror light direct replacement feedback.

Thanks also for the PS ... in checking back on the XE grill badging photos, lol, only "S" from JLR. The pics I now remember from when I was looking at (before adding the front "R" badge on my XE) are all after-the-fact owner installs by folks who felt/said "something was missing." Me too :-)
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

blue_Phil

Post by blue_Phil » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:12 am

Thanks Jeff123 and DABroke. i think i will look into that. After a little drive over the weekend, it's now still not done 200 miles, so i have a good chance to get ahead of that issue - and it's not one i'd have known about.

So far i'm absolutely chuffed with the car, quite packed with extras and lovely to drive. However, i've not dared put it in sport yet, but will try that soon enough.

One thing i don't get though, is even though it has the climate pack (heated steering wheel and windscreen) there are not heated seats? i certainly cant see the button on the lower screen that the guide says should be there - so i guess i don't have them? Or are climate seats something different?
MY20 Santorini Black D180 R-Dynamic SE AWD. Black Exterior Pack, Privacy Glass, Cold Climate Pack & Technology Pack

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:26 am

@blue_Phil

Heated seats are standard on MY21 XE in the UK. Then there are climate seats. Climate seats are heated and ventilated, and they are optional at extra cost.

It is worth noting that heated seats were cost extras in the UK on the MY20 XE, but my understanding is that yours is MY21.
🇬🇧 MY20; S P250 RWD; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seat; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats; Touch Pro S21A