Re: 1st Time Owner From London

Post by BOBCDP » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 pm

P3_V_PE wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:00 pm
PhilB wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:46 am
P3_V_PE wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 pm
I've tinted my windows this way since I started driving and I've never had any issues with the police. I must be lucky.
You are probably uninsured as well unless you have informed your insurance company and have a certificate from the installer proving they are within the legal limit.
The front windows on the XE are tinted at the factory and supposedly are near the legal limit.
Posts on here deliberately flouting the law are not permitted.

I've been stopped by the police on numerous occasions, they haven't said anything to me.

My insurance all checks out with them :)

All the police do is just check that you have a current insurance policy. The terms of the policy are set between you and your company and the validity is based on you providing the information requested. It may be hidden in the policy small print but you will find if you check, that you must tell them if you make virtually any modification from the standard build. Each mod has a risk factor and their computers work out what the increase in the premium will be. If you don't tell them and you have an accident, you could either have a payout reduced or in the worst case, your policy declared null and void. You stated your tinted windows are actually illegal . If that is the case, you are almost certainly not insured.
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual, 40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel

2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Fozzie1960

Re: 1st Time Owner From London

Post by Fozzie1960 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:48 am

I’m sure the OP knows this but they are not illegal if the front windscreen allows at least 75% of light through and the front side windows let in at least 70% of light through.
Portfolio 180 Auto / Italian Racing Red / Jet Leather Seats / Parking Pack with Camera / Memory Pack with Powerfold Mirrors / Heated Front Screen / Split Rear Seats.