XE to e-pace and back again

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Colin

XE to e-pace and back again

Post by Colin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:32 am

The title says it all. Gone red (again) and petrol (first time). Otherwise fairly standard.

Expecting delivery early/mid Feb but will probably push collection/registration back to 1 March as we can.

Now, if only there was somewhere to drive to...

BruceTheQuail

Re: XE to e-pace and back again

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:24 am

which model for the new one, and how did you find the ePace?
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
2019 Mustang V8 manual in very subtle orange with many stripes
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:08 pm

Here is the basic spec -
Make/Model: JAGUAR XE 4 door Saloon S
Derivative: P250 RWD AUTOMATIC
Exterior Colour: Caldera Red

Didn't add much in the way of options as always found the base spec fine for our needs. The main one we did add though was a panoramic roof - we have to fit 3 kids/child seats in so it'll hopefully make it feel more spacious than it is. :lol:

The e-pace was ok. It wasn't as fun to drive as the XE and tbh I find all SUVs ugly. It was practical and reliable though so served its purpose.

When it came to getting a new car my preference was always to go electric but given COVID it just wasn't possible to get to showrooms.
As such when it came to choosing between the petrol and diesel XE, I figured it'd likely be the last ever non-electric car we own so went petrol :D

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:19 pm

Sounds nice. I like the panoramic sunroof, just think it's a bit expensive. I'm glad they now have a heated screen as standard as I wouldn't have a car without one! The amount of cars to choose from drops dramatically if you want one with a heated front screen! Have you picked it up yet or are you waiting until March?
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Tell me about it, top of the list of options I want but can't justify the cost of is HUD! The roof is a treat to ourselves as we plan to keep this car 4 years rather than 3 like our last couple.

Last I heard the car was going to start being built 29 Jan, ready for collection from the showroom on 12 Feb - but our sales guy is on furlough for 2 weeks so haven't heard anything for a while. We're in no hurry for it though so will wait until 1 March.

The MOT is due on the e-pace 2 March so we can't wait any longer :lol:

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:20 am

The HUD is actually pretty good in the new XE (wasnt so good in the last). I wouldnt say it is essential but it is handy, for my missus I think she wouldnt like to be without it as she doesnt really look at the dash any more. The pano roof is nice. The blind closes automatically when you lock the car and opens again when you start. With our summers we only really get to open the blind 4 months a year, but it does make it airy inside.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
2019 Mustang V8 manual in very subtle orange with many stripes
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Colin

Post by Colin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:02 am

Yeah I think I'd like the HUD, having not had it I won't miss it. I'd never get a car without a reversing camera though. Once you have one of those you can't go back!

My main concern with the pano roof is it's reliability. We had an f-pace for a week with one and the kids hammered the buttons. Hopefully it'll survive their abuse!

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Tada!

PXL_20210318_124726959 (1).jpg

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Congratulations, Colin. It's a great car and you'll love the petrol Ingenium engine :).
🇬🇧 MY20; S P250 RWD; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seat; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats; Touch Pro S21A

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks Stephen - now we just need to be allowed to drive places :-)