Jaguar XE Forum banner

XE owner from Singapore, glad to be here

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GavinG 
#1 ·
Acquired a 2016 2.0D (180) recently, and am loving the drive.

Would love to learn about the ins and outs of the car and which better place to do it other than here?

Haven't done any mods to my previous cars (Peugeots, Fiats, Citroens, yeah I know I seem to like the 'troublesome' brands) but it seems the XE demands some extra loving.

The independent workshops servicing Jags in Singapore are very very limited so I guess it's better to learn and share knowledge here.

Thanks all!

#3 ·
Here's my big cat.

Wrapped in pearl white (can't seem to capture the sheen), dechromed and fitted with 19" BBS SRs. For some strange reason it does not come with a DEF tank (fortunately!)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Previous owner blinged out the gear selector and I can't seem to get it off, so it stays like this until i get sick of the bling.

Automotive lighting Tableware Vehicle Entertainment Audio equipment

Attachments

#4 ·
PullMeUnder said:
For some strange reason it does not come with a DEF tank (fortunately!)
I recall a previous owner from Singapore who had the same thing on a 2015/16 diesel.
No Adblue tank or filler.
I can only presume for some reason earlier cars didn't have it for that market.
A quick online search shows JLR Singapore talking about Adblue now so maybe things have changed since then.

#6 ·
IIRXES said:
Looks fantastic, I think I would get rid if the tacky addition to the selector asap, definitely not my taste :lol: ... Have you tried a hairdryer to soften the glue?
Perhaps the previous owner has left one in the glove box 😂

#10 ·
147daytona said:
IIRXES said:
Looks fantastic, I think I would get rid if the tacky addition to the selector asap, definitely not my taste :lol: ... Have you tried a hairdryer to soften the glue?
Perhaps the previous owner has left one in the glove box 😂
:D :D :D :D :D
Good work!

#11 ·
PullMeUnder said:
Here's my big cat.

Wrapped in pearl white (can't seem to capture the sheen), dechromed and fitted with 19" BBS SRs. For some strange reason it does not come with a DEF tank (fortunately!)

IMG_20210624_100615.jpg
This is a great picture and I LOVE the way the accents have been wrapped (around the headlights, door handles, front strakes etc.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.