picked R Sport today :)

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
User avatar
Paulclarkie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 am
Location: Solihull

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by Paulclarkie » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Mine is very similar with red callipers although mine doesnt have those vents on the top so possibly aftermarket or a slightly different model?I have also replaced the silver badges on the back with black gloss equivalents which looks good imo. I waited for one with the upgraded infotainment after reading not great things about the original version and wanting andriod auto so not sure on the lag issue.

20190529_132847.jpg

Jaguar XE 2.0d [180] R-Sport 4dr - Caesium Blue

Exterior black pack, Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat,

User avatar
bik3rz
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 pm
Location: Northants

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by bik3rz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Paulclarkie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:41 pm
Mine is very similar with red callipers although mine doesnt have those vents on the top so possibly aftermarket or a slightly different model?I have also replaced the silver badges on the back with black gloss equivalents which looks good imo. I waited for one with the upgraded infotainment after reading not great things about the original version and wanting andriod auto so not sure on the lag issue.
Lovely jag you got there🤩 unfortunately i couldn't wait any longer, if i could i would definitely wait for the one with ictpro

Yes, vents are aftermarket installed by previous owner.
current -> 2017 XE R-Sport, 2.0d/180 in caesium blue with black pack over black interior, black 19" 5031's
---
sadly gone -> 2012 XF Premium Luxury, 3.0 ds/275 in ultimate black over barley interior, dark grey 20" dracos

GavinG
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:40 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by GavinG » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:43 pm

Paulclarkie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:41 pm
Mine is very similar with red callipers although mine doesnt have those vents on the top so possibly aftermarket or a slightly different model?I have also replaced the silver badges on the back with black gloss equivalents which looks good imo. I waited for one with the upgraded infotainment after reading not great things about the original version and wanting andriod auto so not sure on the lag issue.
bik3rz wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:07 pm
Lovely jag you got there🤩 unfortunately i couldn't wait any longer, if i could i would definitely wait for the one with ictpro

Yes, vents are aftermarket installed by previous owner.

You both should take a look at the sweeping indicator mod in my signature, i think it would suit your cars very very well :)

User avatar
bik3rz
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 pm
Location: Northants

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by bik3rz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:43 pm

GavinG wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:43 pm

You both should take a look at the sweeping indicator mod in my signature, i think it would suit your cars very very well :)
tempting.... :D
current -> 2017 XE R-Sport, 2.0d/180 in caesium blue with black pack over black interior, black 19" 5031's
---
sadly gone -> 2012 XF Premium Luxury, 3.0 ds/275 in ultimate black over barley interior, dark grey 20" dracos

User avatar
Paulclarkie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 am
Location: Solihull

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by Paulclarkie » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:02 pm

GavinG wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:43 pm
Paulclarkie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:41 pm
Mine is very similar with red callipers although mine doesnt have those vents on the top so possibly aftermarket or a slightly different model?I have also replaced the silver badges on the back with black gloss equivalents which looks good imo. I waited for one with the upgraded infotainment after reading not great things about the original version and wanting andriod auto so not sure on the lag issue.
bik3rz wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:07 pm
Lovely jag you got there🤩 unfortunately i couldn't wait any longer, if i could i would definitely wait for the one with ictpro

Yes, vents are aftermarket installed by previous owner.

You both should take a look at the sweeping indicator mod in my signature, i think it would suit your cars very very well :)
You on commission? =)
Jaguar XE 2.0d [180] R-Sport 4dr - Caesium Blue

Exterior black pack, Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat,

GavinG
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:40 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by GavinG » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:49 am

Paulclarkie wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:02 pm


You on commission? =)
:D :D :D :D I do seem to be eager alright :D :D
It's just the OEM ones are such trash

User avatar
bik3rz
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 pm
Location: Northants

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by bik3rz » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:19 pm

planning to replace rs badges with stripes. front as per below, but where to put it in the back? any ideas?

20210708_103630.jpg


started calipers. first done. MUCH better now :D 3 more to go, one more tomorrow, rest monday am (in between family life and work ;) )

20210709_143922.jpg

current -> 2017 XE R-Sport, 2.0d/180 in caesium blue with black pack over black interior, black 19" 5031's
---
sadly gone -> 2012 XF Premium Luxury, 3.0 ds/275 in ultimate black over barley interior, dark grey 20" dracos

User avatar
First Jag-g-g
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Northeast USA

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:37 am

The red caliper looks great but the rally car dirt look ... means respectfully wash that XE sir! :-)
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

User avatar
bik3rz
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 pm
Location: Northants

Re: picked R Sport today :)

Post by bik3rz » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:11 am

First Jag-g-g wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:37 am
The red caliper looks great but the rally car dirt look ... means respectfully wash that XE sir! :-)
haha, it's not that dirty, these are reflections on the body, wheel is dusty, must admit :roll:
current -> 2017 XE R-Sport, 2.0d/180 in caesium blue with black pack over black interior, black 19" 5031's
---
sadly gone -> 2012 XF Premium Luxury, 3.0 ds/275 in ultimate black over barley interior, dark grey 20" dracos

Post Reply