New to the XE, where's the fusebox supposed to be?

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Parki

New to the XE, where's the fusebox supposed to be?

Post by Parki » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to the XE. I bought a 2015 model (2.0D R Sport) a few weeks ago and am slowly getting to grips with the complexity. I've owned an X308 and X206 in the past, both lovely cars and have returned to Jaguar now I need less carrying space as my youngest daughter has finished at Uni. My first issue with the car (which I love) arose when I tried to fit a Dashcam. Every source I could find said the passenger fusebox was by the right hand A pillar. Mine isn't, it's by the left hand A pillar. I tried to locate what in the Old Days we'd have called a position 2 fuse slot (one that's provided with power only when the engine is running) that I could use to power it. After much messing around I've found a spare one but I now doubt the allocations of the fuse positions to the functions. The online stuff I can find refers to 2016 model year only, I know that could be the usual manufacturers' getting ahead of themselves trick, but were early model XEs set up differently?

Phorever

Re: New to the XE, where's the fusebox supposed to be?

Post by Phorever » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi, think there is possibly 3 fuse boxes, one in passenger footwell, one engine bay and one in boot. I hardwired my dashcam in to the main one in the passenger footwell but like you found contradicting information with regards to what each fuse was for. Can post a photo of my setup but am currently away from the jag until Sunday.
MY19 R-Sport i4 petrol 200ps in santorini black.
-black pack
-winter pack
-split/fold rear seat
-dvd player

pauljobr

Post by pauljobr » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Just for reference the model year 2016 was the first cars sold in 2015, so yours is an MY16, the model year is almost a year ahead of the sale year.
I used the passenger side fuse box and earther to a screw under the passenger door, can't remember what fuse I used.
R-Sport 300, Corris Grey, Jet / Light Oyster.
XKR, X100 4.2-s Copper Black, Ivory leather.

Previous:
R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:18 pm

2019 Evoque P300 HSE - now gone. On order new Ford Mustang GT fastback.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Parki

Post by Parki » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:47 pm

Thanks for the updates chaps, I think I've resolved the issue but when I replaced the heated steering wheel (really, who ever needed that?) fuse with the connector to the dash cam voltage converter all sorts of warnings came up on the dashboard. Once the fuse was replaced all became OK again so I think the fuse I removed was actually associated with a number of the high-level braking and stability functions. Just thought if JLG can put the fusebox on the wrong side of the car (according to the handbook) then to have the fuses in a different order is also feasible.

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:10 am

Re the heated steering wheel. I have one and also suffer from Reynauds disease and it is a Godsend in winter when the circulation in my hands is next to nil. It warms them to allow the circulation to come back and pain to go. Gloves are useless as an alternative.
R Sport 180D 2015

Parki

Post by Parki » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:37 pm

I've heard of Reynauds disease but never thought of a heated steering wheel as a therapeutic application, glad you get some comfort from yours. I've often got into a car in the Summer and wished I had a cooled steering wheel, I guess that's not an option on any cars.

eski

Post by eski » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:12 pm

Certain things switch sides between LHD and RHD such as main cabin fuse box.
MY18 25t RWD R-Sport, Firenze Red, ICTP, allmost all the fun stuff.