Detailing

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
ksammut69

Detailing

Post by ksammut69 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:48 am

Hi,

Pretty proud of my 2016 XE purchase, and am looking at getting it detailed to Better than factory spec (It has a couple of birthmarks where the paint gun ran dry while the JLR bloke was having a brew).

I've only had it a few days and a little concerned of the front wings being able to take quite a bit of nature (leaves) which have composted at top and bottom of the wing. I have got most of it out by hand, but will give it a blast with a pressure washer in the very near future.

Anyone got any advice regarding cleaning ?

Thanks

Kev
R-Sport 180D Corris Grey

Fighterpilot

Re: Detailing

Post by Fighterpilot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:53 am

Try Meguiars scratch remover. It's a slightly courser polish and works very well. It's great on the piano black plastics as well.
R Sport 180D 2015

warrenag

Re: Detailing

Post by warrenag » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:19 am

Take it easy on the rear arch sills when polishing, its normal for heavy stone chipping there.

Other than that, Jag paint is soft so try follow the 2 bucket method and a nice pre-wash/snow foam to get the bulk of the dirt off and minimise swirling.

The rear door sills will also always get filthy, nothing you can do about it.

Something like dr leather cleaner and wipes and autosmart g101 at 20:1 will keep the interior mint too.
Jaguar XE S 3.0 Supercharged MY2017 - Santorini Black, Jet/Red Interior, Black Pack
Previous - Jaguar XE 2.0D 163 MY2016 - Fuji White, Jet/Red Interior, Black Pack