Diamond Car Mats - Anyone bought these?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Craig XE

Diamond Car Mats - Anyone bought these?

Post by Craig XE » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Afternoon all,

So I keep on scrolling past adverts for these on my Facebook timeline. I believe there manufactured in China, despite there website saying stoke on trent, so would take a little while to arrive?

Anyway, I have been watching videos on YouTube, some look good, some look like crap. I'm curious if anyone tried them for the XE, and how they fit/ what they look like?

Probably won't bother unless someone here sings there praises!

https://www.diamondcarmats.com/

Thanks all.

6d06c7a3fa1f4c0490d0cd39782623b8.jpg

Craig XE

Re: Diamond Car Mats - Anyone bought these?

Post by Craig XE » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Well, i gave in. To a degree....

Rather than use that website i sourced a supplier (probably the same one as that website) directly.... not only was it cheaper i got a little customisation and more for my money.

I went for the black with blue stitching to match my eclipse interior, added in some growler logos that will be stitched in with a matching boot liner.

Hopefully its going to come out looking something similar to the below:

mats.png

I'm getting the matching boot liner, with the side panels so it will be the XE equivalent to something like this:

boot.jpg

highly doubt it will go all the way up like this, but hopefully it will look half descent.

Anyway, I managed to get it for around £130 all in (65usd for the actual matts and 90usd for shipping) , it's going to take 2/3 weeks at least to be made an sent to me so I'll be waiting a little while but will be sure to give an update here when it arrives!

If it ends up looking half descent and anyone wants a set ill be happy to share the details.

capese21

Post by capese21 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:08 pm

£150 for a set of mats :shock:
XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Have you seen the prices of Jaguar ones on their accessory list? :mrgreen:

Makes that set look like a bargain....
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Craig XE

Post by Craig XE » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:02 pm

There only actually £50, it's the shipping cost that kills you. But there nothing like I've ever seen for sale over here in any shops etc...

The reason I'm drawn to them is they give you much more coverage, an I like the idea of being able to pull them out to clean / wipe down with the carpet underneath going, for the most part, un touched. Will be a lot easier....

I also get the boot liner in that price, which for me will protect the boot a little from all my muddy fishing gear.

All depends on how well they fit...

MSP

Post by MSP » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:57 pm

130 quid for all of that is a bargain in my books mate .... maybe that's a sign I've been spending too much on my XE?

Very interested to see how these turn out. I was close to buying some myself actually was just too unsure of the quality.
XE S - MY18 - Dark Sapphire -

phil-c

Post by phil-c » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:39 pm

I’ll be interested in how they turnout.
I hate ordering and having to wait for stuff lol
XE 2L Diesel [180] Portfolio

Craig XE

Post by Craig XE » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:16 am

So a little progress...

They were slightly delayed with getting the logo's stitched, so my order has been knocked back 3 days. Hoping to see it posted out to me next week. Here's the picture he sent me so far of the completed logo ….

st.png

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:17 am

WARNING................. These are possibly a scam as this type of incredible ad usually is.
R Sport 180D 2015

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:37 am

There's a couple of threads over on the F-Pace forum where members have bought the Diamond mats including one set for sale when the wrong colour arrived so it does seem legit as they were bought from the same site.
We also had someone selling identical ones on here a while back which were imported from China.
As always, buyer beware when ordering things from a long distance supplier.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE - now gone awaiting the "Beast from the West" est end of 2021
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.