Jaguar XE Forum banner

Steering Wheel Creak

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeff123 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just wondered if anyone can help me?

I have got a 2017/2018 XE R-SPORT 20t and it has just developed a noise on full steering lock, left side is worse than right side. Noise appears to be coming from the steering column from what I can tell.

Does anyone know if this an issue or common fault?

Regards

Trevor

#2 ·
I have a similar issue with my 2017 180D. I can hear it at the outer steering column - it sounds as though it's coming from trim pieces on the column ever so slightly rubbing. Haven't had an in-depth look as of yet, however.

#3 ·
So I have had jaguar assist out, must say very impressed with the service, the guy was with me 20 minutes after I called and was very knowledgable.

He had a good look at it for about an hour and thinks that it could be an issue with the lower steering column bearing. He took all the trim covers off etc and lubricated the joints he could get too but no joy on fixing and advised to get booked in the work shop to get looked at. He said it's definitely not the trims or plastics.

Any one else had anything similar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.