Cup Holder broken

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Firstgencunarder

Cup Holder broken

Post by Firstgencunarder » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:43 am

Dear community, I just saw that one rubber pad is obviously broken.
Do you have the same issue? Is it common? How can I replace it? The car is still under warranty.
Thank you very much

C6222AAB-BD76-4C3A-B865-C374C2CBD99D.jpeg

2018 XE 20D Ingenium Edition Black Pack AT RWD

RalphieM

Re: Cup Holder broken

Post by RalphieM » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 pm

If the car is still under warranty then take it back to a main dealer and let them have the problem, personally I would imagine it could be a real PITA to sort out.
MY18 Dark Sapphire R-Sport 250, Black Pack, Cold Climate pack, Dual Screen ICT Pro, TFT Cluster, Meridian surround sound,19" Sparkle Silver 5071's, Ebony/Light Oyster, Adaptive & Configurable dynamics, Retrofit spare wheel, S rear valance.

Zingiber

Post by Zingiber » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:46 pm

RalphieM wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 pm
If the car is still under warranty then take it back to a main dealer and let them have the problem, personally I would imagine it could be a real PITA to sort out.
It is, according to the workshop manual it requires removing most of the centre console trim to get to the cup holder.
MY2018 XE 25t R-Sport • Caesium Blue • Midnight Blue interior • InControl Touch Pro • 380w Meridian sound system.
It's got a CD player player player player player player

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:03 pm

The same thing happened to me about a year ago. Mine fixed itself with a hot drink in the cup holder. It must have heated the rubber and popped back into shape
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

Firstgencunarder

Post by Firstgencunarder » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Popping back is nit the problem. There is an air gap between the rubber and the pad. I never put a cup in anyway. Just saw it during cleaning. I am not sure what to do. Leave it as is or going to the dealer.... If you have to dismount most parts of the center console I can imaging what it will be looking later on... I saw some picture of an F Pace with disassembled upper console. It is only clamped. from there I could use some glue to get it back into its position...
2018 XE 20D Ingenium Edition Black Pack AT RWD