Glass deep clean - Clay Mitt

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
m-a-r-k

Re: Glass deep clean - Clay Mitt

Post by m-a-r-k » Tue May 04, 2021 7:39 pm

I've used various products over the years, for the car and in the house. Always gets smears which show up with sunlight shining on the surface. My OCD doesn't cope well with smears :D especially on mirrors and the inside windscreen.
Until I found this Invisible Glass 91164 Premium Aerosol Glass Cleaner
Highly recommended!
https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007OWD2M/
Lurking here for information but planning on buying new XE R-Dynamic SE P250 some time next year.

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 am

m-a-r-k wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:39 pm
I've used various products over the years, for the car and in the house. Always gets smears which show up with sunlight shining on the surface. My OCD doesn't cope well with smears :D especially on mirrors and the inside windscreen.
Until I found this Invisible Glass 91164 Premium Aerosol Glass Cleaner
Highly recommended!
https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007OWD2M/
m-a-r-k, yes, that is a great product. A similar equally as good product if your OCD is acting up :-) and Invisible Glass is out of stock (like it was during this past COVID-influenced year) is Sprayway Glass Cleaner Aerosol Spray, 19 oz
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052V1JA2/
I have bought both by the case full and have always been very satisfied with both. It would be interesting to me to see if their respective chemical formulations are close to the same since they seem to work very well with the same type of performance on the same soiled glass surfaces.
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Wed May 05, 2021 10:17 am

...I use a clay mitt or clay bar on glass, always works a treat. It's something that's easy to overlook as a glass treatment but when you think about it it makes sense. I also use Autoglym 'Fast Glass' to clean the screen and all glass inside and out. Fast Glass is also excellent for dashboard and display screens, no smears.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

m-a-r-k

Post by m-a-r-k » Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Fast Glass is one I've used for years on the outside of the windscreen but smears on the inside (for me) so now I use Invisible Glass on the inside.

I always use paper towels as well as any cloth that's been in a washing machine just puts conditioner back on the screen and that is a source of some of the smear.

Every new car I get and every 2-3 years after I clay mitt the glass and polish with Gtechniq G4 and coat with G1. Lasts for 2-3 years on the windscreen, longer on other windows and mirrors. Essential for a rear screen without a wiper as on my TT.
Lurking here for information but planning on buying new XE R-Dynamic SE P250 some time next year.