Internal air vent blades (replacement)?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
matt_lw

Internal air vent blades (replacement)?

Post by matt_lw » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi,

Looking for some help sourcing a, hopefully, spare part.

I've managed to break the top 'blade' on the passenger side centre air vent on my 2015 (2016my?) XE (the 'pin' on one end snapped)

Question is is this something that is available as a spare part, from anywhere? If it is who might stock and is it replaceable without removing the whole vent from the dash? Or will it need a new air vent assembly?

Cheers,

matt
Last edited by matt_lw on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoJo

Re: Internal air vent blades (replacement)?

Post by RoJo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 pm

Ebay? There's a few on there at silly prices but put a low best offer in?
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

m737

Post by m737 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:59 pm

I can send it on Tuesday
...but I`m from Poland, it will take 10 days for registered mail
ship is 12GBP, item 10GBP

impossible to change without removing but it`s easy

aadd.jpg

aaxxzz.jpg

matt_lw

Post by matt_lw » Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply's.

I had spotted the silly priced complete vent on eBay, but a/ out of my price range and b/ had been hopping someone might have had a lead on just the blades on there own.

@ m737 Thanks for the offer, could you message me your details, whole vent could be of interest at that price. Would be interested in maybe discussing that (I'm in no rush atm if I need to remove the whole thing to replace the one tiny vent blade then it will need to co-inside with another project I'm looking at that required the ICE screen and all the centre bits coming out).

In the short term I may just try carefully drilling out a hole and adding a small metal pin to replace the snapped plastic.

On another unrelated but slightly related note, does anyone have any tips for polishing up the gloss plastic trims on the centre console ? Mine you can see all the scuff / swirl marks in the sun...

Cheers,

m

RalphieM

Post by RalphieM » Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 am

All you need is a really fine compound/polish.
I use this:-
https://groveshop.co.uk/3m-products/192 ... yVEALw_wcB
But at that money (which is actually quite cheap) it is not going to be an economical job, you probably won't use more than a table spoon full.
If you have a machine polisher already then it won't go to waste as it is a fantastic swirl remover.
For your job just use very soft microfibres and do it by hand.
MY18 Dark Sapphire R-Sport 250, Black Pack, Cold Climate pack, Dual Screen ICT Pro, TFT Cluster, Meridian surround sound,19" Sparkle Silver 5071's, Ebony/Light Oyster, Adaptive & Configurable dynamics, Retrofit spare wheel, S rear valance.

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 am

Hi. Use Meguiar's Plast-RX. Brilliant stuff. It's about £12 a bottle and lasts for ages. I had a scratch on my piano black console and it got rid of it completely.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.

m737

Post by m737 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:22 am

@matt_lw - priv message sent