Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
KeithM

Re: Half of XE boot badge dropped off

Post by KeithM » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Sparkplug wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:43 pm
KeithM wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm
Thanks for all the ideas. Fighterpilot's mention of debadging (sp?) prompted me to take the 'E' off, it looks less stupid now. 2 minutes after that my beloved said 'did you see your 'X' that I left on the side, the bin man found it on the drive!

It looks likes it's been run over so may not put it back on. Will pursue Jag Customer Services suggestion and if that doesn't pan out will buy chrome badge and paint.
There is a black one in my post above. Might be easier than painting, if you have no luck with customer services.
Thanks I missed that😀
MY21 XE R-Dynamic Black P250

Elsa_jag

Post by Elsa_jag » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 pm

I debadged mine, chrome letters.

If you need them, pm me and I’ll post them to you.
Carl

Jaguar XE, MY17, ‘66 reg R-sport, 20d 180ps auto
Jaguar XJ, 1994 S, 3.2 auto
VW T25, 1981 Westfalia LHD, 2.0 Aircooled
VW T5, 2006 Kombi, 2.5 Auto

KeithM

Post by KeithM » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:49 am

Elsa_jag wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks so much for your generous offer, I’ve emailed Jag customer services will wait and see what they say. In the meantime I’ve warmed to the de-badged look.

Jeff123

Post by Jeff123 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:42 am

It might be worth trying the de-badged look for a while. You can always put badges on in due course if you don't like it.
XE R-Dynamic 180d Eiger Grey MY20

Elsa_jag

Post by Elsa_jag » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:35 am

KeithM wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:49 am
Elsa_jag wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks so much for your generous offer, I’ve emailed Jag customer services will wait and see what they say. In the meantime I’ve warmed to the de-badged look.
I prefer debadged, looks cleaner, just the leaper and the word Jaguar, nice and symmetrical at the back, helps my OCD :lol:
Carl

Jaguar XE, MY17, ‘66 reg R-sport, 20d 180ps auto
Jaguar XJ, 1994 S, 3.2 auto
VW T25, 1981 Westfalia LHD, 2.0 Aircooled
VW T5, 2006 Kombi, 2.5 Auto

KeithM

Post by KeithM » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:23 am

Here's the underwhelming response from Jaguar:

Dear Mr M

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn that you have experienced a concern with the badge on your XE. I am sorry to confirm that the badge is not a warrantable item and would need to be purchased via your local Jaguar retailer parts department.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with the costs of replacing the badge.

Please accept my sincere apologies as I do understand this is not the response you was hoping for.

Yurs sincerely

Donna S

UK Customer Experience Centre

I'm letting it go, I'm quite happy with de-badged and even if they had done the sensible thing and put a replacement in an envelope for me I'm not sure I'd want to be sticking the cheap plastic back on.

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 pm

That is pathetic. I had a tool snapped by a neighbour who replaced it with an inferior item. I contacted the tool company, Sealy, and had a replacement the following day. It wouldn't take 2 mins to phone the assembly line manager and arrange to have one sent up to post to you. :evil:
R Sport 180D 2015

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:17 pm

KeithM wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:23 am
Here's the underwhelming response from Jaguar:

Dear Mr M

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn that you have experienced a concern with the badge on your XE. I am sorry to confirm that the badge is not a warrantable item and would need to be purchased via your local Jaguar retailer parts department.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with the costs of replacing the badge.

Please accept my sincere apologies as I do understand this is not the response you was hoping for.

Yurs sincerely

Donna S

UK Customer Experience Centre

I'm letting it go, I'm quite happy with de-badged and even if they had done the sensible thing and put a replacement in an envelope for me I'm not sure I'd want to be sticking the cheap plastic back on.
I agree that this is not worth the hassle of trying to pursue it with Jaguar, but since when is anything going amiss with a nearly new car "not a warrantable item". It seems like JLR can just pick and choose what they warrant.
And as the previous poster said, it is penny-pinching in the extreme by JLR not just to post a replacement to the customer. I am disappointed that JLR seems to be quite oblivious of the loss of customer goodwill this sort of petty behaviour causes.
Donna S's grammar and spelling aren't very good either ("this is not the response you was hoping for. Yurs sincerely")!
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat