Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
chrisjp

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by chrisjp » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:14 am

165237 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:45 pm
Am I correct in thinking that the updates have the option of downloading via the built in O2 sim or via WiFi? We live in an area with poor mobile reception and the update 2.10 update keeps failing. Therefore the question is will it download via my WiFi if I can get a good signal to the car? I can’t find anything about this in the on line manual.
In-Control Touch can receive OTA updates via WiFi, as well as by the mobile SIM connection. I would think this will be the same for Pivi Pro. You need to go into Settings-Connectivity and de-select Mobile and select WiFi, then login to your WiFi source in the normal way.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:53 pm

165237 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:45 pm
Am I correct in thinking that the updates have the option of downloading via the built in O2 sim or via WiFi? We live in an area with poor mobile reception and the update 2.10 update keeps failing. Therefore the question is will it download via my WiFi if I can get a good signal to the car? I can’t find anything about this in the on line manual.
That is an interesting question and one on which I am awaiting a reply from JLR because the 4G connection is not great at home. I have my car on the drive connected to Home WiFi but in reality it only appears to be connected when the ignition is on and thus for the short period of time that I arrive home before exiting and locking the vehicle and when I unlock and switch on before departing. I have checked connected devices on my router when the car is locked to verify that there is not a constant connection. I specifically asked if the vehicle was 'woken' to download updates but they ignored that and simply said that I should keep my car on the drive if possible. So I have now begged the question of how I would know that there is an update available, given that I am only notified when the download has completed but they are yet to answer. This said, since I last wrote to them I have had 2.0.10e download when I was on a 30 min 10 mile drive through areas with good 4g connection.

So for you I guess the answer is to sit in the car with the ignition on and connected to WiFi until it downloads or to go on a 4G drive making sure your touchscreen shows the 4G signal, given that a 'feature' of Pivi Pro appears to be that the embedded Sim connection seems to fail every now and again :roll:

Have you been getting Live App updates; current versions are Park & Pay 8.2.3 28/04/2021; Weather 3.6.5. 28/04/2021? The other two do not appear to have updated ie both @ 01/01/1970. I have also had three subsequent 'Live App' updates notified to my Profile (latest yesterday) post the 2.0.10 update that have not altered the information recorded for the 4 Live Apps listed in the Apps settings menu and I'm led to believe that they are ECU updates.
XF - 2010-2015
XE - 2015-2018
F-Pace 2018 - 2021
RR Evoque delivered April 2021

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Just to clarify my previous post, when I've used my home WiFi to get a SOTA update, I've had the engine running all the time while the update was downloading and installing (with stop/start turned off of course!). The update hasn't taken all that long - 20 minutes of so. I would think that both mobile communication via the SIM and WiFi is not enabled when the ignition is off to avoid battery drain.
I didn't rely on just putting the ignition on because I know from experience with the radio that the ignition shuts itself off after 10 minutes or so and, if this happened, there would be a risk of corrupting the update installation.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

billvega

Post by billvega » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:58 pm

billvega wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:22 pm
Don't you just love it when an update breaks something that was fine :evil:

Rear camera screen when in reverse is now blank and only the side view panel where you can select different camera angles shows. Great :roll:

They still haven't fixed the dial issue also.

Anyone else updated and have same issue?

I still can't login to my In Control account either. I know the password is right as I'm logged into the app and the car is synced to it.

As much as I love the car, Jaguar can never quite get the software right. I'm not a fan of these dials, the push/pull action is a pain and long winded.
The reverse camera is working in the daytime.. I'm goign to try again tonight in the dark because last 2 times its been blank. Perhaps something is not kicking in on the camera for low light ...
XE R Dynamic P250, MY21, Carpathian Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Pivi Pro Duo, Red Calipers, Heated Steering Wheel.

Gone: XE R-Sport, MY18, D180

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 pm

chrisjp wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:40 pm
Just to clarify my previous post, when I've used my home WiFi to get a SOTA update, I've had the engine running all the time while the update was downloading and installing (with stop/start turned off of course!). The update hasn't taken all that long - 20 minutes of so. I would think that both mobile communication via the SIM and WiFi is not enabled when the ignition is off to avoid battery drain.
I didn't rely on just putting the ignition on because I know from experience with the radio that the ignition shuts itself off after 10 minutes or so and, if this happened, there would be a risk of corrupting the update installation.
Chris, that is how SOTA works on ICT Pro, i.e. the engine must be running for downloads to complete both via the SIM or WI-FI. Pivi Pro is always on however (at least according to the marketing blurb), and is powered by a dedicated battery. So in theory downloads can be done with the car parked, the ignition off and locked. Provided it's in a good mobile reception area. That's my understanding.
Last edited by Stephen on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🇬🇧 MY20; S P250 RWD; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seat; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats; Touch Pro S21A

ChrisCJ

Post by ChrisCJ » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:31 pm

Stephen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 pm
Chris, that is how SOTA works on ITC Pro, i.e. the engine must be running for downloads to complete both via the SIM or WI-FI. Pivi Pro is always on however (at least according to the marketing blurb), and is powered by a dedicated battery. So in theory downloads can be done with the car parked, the ignition off and locked. Provided it's in a good mobile reception area. That's my understanding.
Agreed - my ITC Pro updates (via SIM when driving) always insist on the engine being kept running but yesterday when in for a service I was given a brand new e-Pace with Pivi Pro. When I parked up at home it told me that an update was available and when I clicked continue it said that the update would take place once the car was parked and switched off.
Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Black, Ebony Headlining, Cold Climate Pack, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat

Post by 165237 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:53 pm

Thanks Chris, I just tried it with ignition on but no engine running, as you quite rightly said it shuts down in 10 mins. As noted by Stephen, it does say on this update to shut the windows, exit the car and lock for the update to start but that is for SIM perhaps WiFI is different? Is there any notification that it is downloading or does it just tell you when it has completed it? I will try with the engine running tomorrow whilst I wash the car and let you know if that works or not.

Barrie

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:19 pm

Barrie,

In terms of ICT Pro, it shows you on the 'Software Update' screen when it's downloading and when it's installing the update. For both those stages the engine must be running, regardless of whether you're doing the SOTA update via SIM or WIFI. That is necessary because unlike PIVI Pro, ICT Pro does not have it's own dedicated battery.

Once the update is installed, ICT Pro then advises you to switch off the engine and shut down the car for the installation to complete.
🇬🇧 MY20; S P250 RWD; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seat; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats; Touch Pro S21A

Jagman_82

Post by Jagman_82 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:59 pm

I was just prompted to update today, all downloaded over wifi, then asked to shut car down to complete installation (ICT pro).
Can't see any differences/enhancements so far.. does anyone know precisely what's changed, or generally whether there is a way of viewing changes?
Jaguar XE 25t Portfolio 2018
Panoramic, Meridian, Touch Pro, Firenze red.
Previous: Lexus IS300H, Lexus IS250 (2nd gen), BMW 320i (E90)

ChrisCJ

Post by ChrisCJ » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Jagman_82 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:59 pm
I was just prompted to update today, all downloaded over wifi, then asked to shut car down to complete installation (ICT pro).
Can't see any differences/enhancements so far.. does anyone know precisely what's changed, or generally whether there is a way of viewing changes?
The latest ICT Pro update is to version S21A_21.10.6-676616

This fixes the repeated need to log in to the navigation although I believe there will be a patch soon as it did introduce a minor bug (No turn by turn sound when using Apple CarPlay navigation).

For info I found this on the web...

- SOFTWARE VERSION: S21A_21.10.6-676616, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BF (G2849390)

INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 21A

Software Release Date: 2021-03-30

This Document contains the following information:
New features included in this release
Issues fixed in this release.

New features included in this release:

BAIDU CARLIFE
Baidu CarLife feature enabled on vehicles in Hong Kong market
USB MEDIA PLAYER
Media player will now remember Track No, Time position, Playlist Path, Shuffle, Repeat and other associated information on start up.
VEHICLE DIMENSION SCREEN
Banner "Tow bar deployed" and "Tow Bar Stowed" is now shown in Vehicle dimension screen.

Issues fixed in this release:

APPLE CARPLAY
CarPlay Screen will no longer stay frozen on screen after disconnection of iPhone™.
BLUETOOTH® APPLICATION
Bluetooth® device connection status will now display the correct status when Bluetooth® has been turned off on the device.
CONNECTED DEVICES
After exiting from valet mode, iPhone™ will no longer be detected twice, both as Bluetooth® and an IPOD in the source selection screen.
CLIMATE CONTROL
General stability improvements.
InControl© Touch Pro Duo Vehicles Only - The Climate control will no longer switch itself off on the lower screen without the users input.
INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER
When display theme is changed from light to dark or vice-versa, album art for the active song will no longer go missing in the Instrument Panel Cluster display.
Japan E-Pace only - Turn by turn arrow is now centered in the Instrument Panel Cluster display.
SPOTIFY
ELECTRICALLY DEPLOYABLE TOW-BAR
Tow Bar banner will now always be shown when required.
(SWEDEN ONLY)
LANGUAGE SUPPORT
Improved translations
LOW TRACTION FRICTION LAUNCH
Will now be available when needed.
PHONE
The correct Caller ID will now always be displayed on the Instrument Panel Cluster and phone tile on home screen.
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
NAVIGATION
Side panel will now display the correct Navigation information
All Markets except China and Japan - Resolved navigation log-in/Log-out issue.
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT
SYSTEM
TELEVISION
(I-PACE ONLY)
TIMED CHARGING
When Timed charging events are not available , Preferred Charging Period will now always switch off.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE

THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.
Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Black, Ebony Headlining, Cold Climate Pack, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat