Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
User avatar
billvega
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Location: Essex

Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by billvega » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Don't you just love it when an update breaks something that was fine :evil:

Rear camera screen when in reverse is now blank and only the side view panel where you can select different camera angles shows. Great :roll:

They still haven't fixed the dial issue also.

Anyone else updated and have same issue?

I still can't login to my In Control account either. I know the password is right as I'm logged into the app and the car is synced to it.

As much as I love the car, Jaguar can never quite get the software right. I'm not a fan of these dials, the push/pull action is a pain and long winded.
XE R Dynamic P250, MY21, Carpathian Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Pivi Pro Duo, Red Calipers, Heated Steering Wheel.

Gone: XE R-Sport, MY18, D180

chrisjp
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:11 pm
Location: Seascale, Cumbria

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by chrisjp » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:09 am

It's a bit ironic that just when JLR has finally fixed all the bugs in In-Control Touch with the latest software update they have changed it to Pivi Pro with a whole new set of bugs!
It seems that the MY20 XE is the only year which has In-Control Touch with the dials for the climate control, fan speed and heated seats. I rather like them and find them much easier and quicker to adjust than the buttons for temp adjustment and fan speed on the previous versions, and the need to go through a least a couple of actions on the touch screen to put the heated seats on and off.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Wolfie1
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:14 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by Wolfie1 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 am

There is a special service action to fix the not being able to log in

User avatar
billvega
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by billvega » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:31 am

Wolfie1 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 am
There is a special service action to fix the not being able to log in
Do you have a code for this or any other info? Be handy when talking to the dealer about it.
XE R Dynamic P250, MY21, Carpathian Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Pivi Pro Duo, Red Calipers, Heated Steering Wheel.

Gone: XE R-Sport, MY18, D180

User avatar
KeithM
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 3:53 pm
Location: Brighton, UK

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by KeithM » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:09 pm

I have the same car as you OP, 3 months old. The software is proving to be quite flaky. Some issues have been solved by system reset which is a pain as you have to setup everything from scratch again which is quite a lot of work.

It's going back to the dealership next week to fix an issue with the wifi hotspot that has never worked (network visible but no data) I don't have a lot of faith in the dealer being able to fix it though.
MY21 XE R-Dynamic Black P250

User avatar
billvega
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by billvega » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 pm

KeithM wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:09 pm
I have the same car as you OP, 3 months old. The software is proving to be quite flaky. Some issues have been solved by system reset which is a pain as you have to setup everything from scratch again which is quite a lot of work.

It's going back to the dealership next week to fix an issue with the wifi hotspot that has never worked (network visible but no data) I don't have a lot of faith in the dealer being able to fix it though.
Yeah, it really is now a case of I can't be bothered!
XE R Dynamic P250, MY21, Carpathian Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Pivi Pro Duo, Red Calipers, Heated Steering Wheel.

Gone: XE R-Sport, MY18, D180

User avatar
165237
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by 165237 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Thank goodness for the Forum, otherwise you think it is just you or your car that has issues. MY2021 "In Control" has never worked since buying the car from Manchester which is 200 miles from where I live but it still thinks it is still in M/chester and all the other data has not changed either. I took into my local JLR initially for an hour for them to do a "quick fix," they said then I had to leave it with them for 2 days as they had to communicate with Coventry. Picked up and Friday without it being cured but was told they can do everything now remotely and they will contact me when it is sorted. Not sure I can hold my breath for that long but we will see? Recently the car has said it has an update which I have tried to download several times but comes up with "download failed." I am presuming this will be version OS 2.0 10E but now reading Keith M's chat I am not sure I want the download?
It should not be this difficult for JLR to get it right first time!

User avatar
KeithM
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 3:53 pm
Location: Brighton, UK

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by KeithM » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:51 pm

165237 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 pm
Thank goodness for the Forum, otherwise you think it is just you or your car that has issues. MY2021 "In Control" has never worked since buying the car from Manchester which is 200 miles from where I live but it still thinks it is still in M/chester and all the other data has not changed either. I took into my local JLR initially for an hour for them to do a "quick fix," they said then I had to leave it with them for 2 days as they had to communicate with Coventry. Picked up and Friday without it being cured but was told they can do everything now remotely and they will contact me when it is sorted. Not sure I can hold my breath for that long but we will see? Recently the car has said it has an update which I have tried to download several times but comes up with "download failed." I am presuming this will be version OS 2.0 10E but now reading Keith M's chat I am not sure I want the download?
It should not be this difficult for JLR to get it right first time!
My issues all existed before the latest download, I had hoped my wifi problem would have been solved with the new release but sadly not.
MY21 XE R-Dynamic Black P250

User avatar
165237
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by 165237 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:45 pm

Am I correct in thinking that the updates have the option of downloading via the built in O2 sim or via WiFi? We live in an area with poor mobile reception and the update 2.10 update keeps failing. Therefore the question is will it download via my WiFi if I can get a good signal to the car? I can’t find anything about this in the on line manual.

Wolfie1
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:14 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Pivo Pro Software Update OS 2.0.10e

Post by Wolfie1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:15 am

billvega wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:31 am
Wolfie1 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 am
There is a special service action to fix the not being able to log in
Do you have a code for this or any other info? Be handy when talking to the dealer about it.
H494 - PIVI Vehicle Shared Secret Decryption

Post Reply