Jaguar XE Forum banner

Jaguar remote app not connecting.

9K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Dai 
#1 ·
Hi all.
Another day, another issue with my less than 2 month old car, specifically connectivity issues. The Jaguar remote app won't now connect to the car and hasn't the last 6 days. If I click on "Remote" within the app it states "Vehicle is in low power mode due to inactivity. Manual vehicle start will restore remote features". This makes no sense at all, as for example the car has been used on various journeys over the last few days, covering around 200 miles. I have tried logging out of the app, then back in, but the problem still persists. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Phone app working fine for me, today's journeys all updated, with car now 'asleep' in my garage

#3 ·
I've also had this "Vehicle Asleep" message when going onto the remote app. It's because the telematics module has failed to boot up correctly and has lost contact with the JLR servers.
I found I could fix it by going into the fuse box on the RH side of the boot and removing fuse 24 (which supplies the telematics module) for a few minutes. When it is replaced it forces the module to boot up correctly and connectivity will be restored.
You'll also note that journeys you completed during the period that connectivity was lost will appear in the remote app, so the module must have recorded them even though it had lost contact with the JLR servers.
I've had to do this a few times in the 9 months I've had my XE but it's quick and not too bothersome, though I don't know why connectivity gets lost. I haven't so far thought it worth asking a dealer to troubleshoot it.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies, Gents. Chris, thanks for the suggestion. Will give this a go. I take it that it's fuse 24 on the new MY xe also? It's frustrating as on top of this I've also a ongoing issue whereas every 2-3 days, the cars "esim" loses connection with pivipro. I then have to hold down the pivipro power button for around 15secs to reboot the system and regain connectivity. I'm having to do this approx every 3 days.

#5 ·
Dai said:
Thanks for the replies, Gents. Chris, thanks for the suggestion. Will give this a go. I take it that it's fuse 24 on the new MY xe also? It's frustrating as on top of this I've also a ongoing issue whereas every 2-3 days, the cars "esim" loses connection with pivipro. I then have to hold down the pivipro power button for around 15secs to reboot the system and regain connectivity. I'm having to do this approx every 3 days.
Dai,
On my MY20 XE the fusebox has a paper sheet folded and tucked into a slot giving the purpose of each fuse. If your MY21 has that, you could check it to confirm the fuse number for the telematics module.

#6 ·
Hi Chris, yes found that sheet and confirmed f24 is for telematics. Unfortunately, removed f24 for 10 mins, put back in and app still says car is asleep. Very frustrating.

#7 ·
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. JLR electronics never cease to confound owners - and also dealers sometimes it seems.
I don't know whether the telematics module has any connection with Pivi-Pro but the latter does seem to be throwing up quite a few problems. It's taken until the last software update, released a few months ago, for JLR to iron all the bugs out of the previous In-Control Touch system, and I do hope it won't take as long to do likewise with Pivi Pro.

#8 ·
There has been quite a bit of Topix items on this subject but sadly I have cleared all the details as I don't have the same system in my 2015 XE. Perhaps if you register as an independant on Topix you will get the relevant info. If it's not there I am sure that someone on here will find it for you. Get the dealer to give it the once over as it's still in warranty and should be working.

#9 ·
Fighterpilot said:
There has been quite a bit of Topix items on this subject but sadly I have cleared all the details as I don't have the same system in my 2015 XE. Perhaps if you register as an independant on Topix you will get the relevant info. If it's not there I am sure that someone on here will find it for you. Get the dealer to give it the once over as it's still in warranty and should be working.
Thanks for the heads up about topix, will register on that and take a look on there. Yes, still under warranty as only 8 weeks old!

#15 ·
chrisjp said:
I've also had this "Vehicle Asleep" message when going onto the remote app. It's because the telematics module has failed to boot up correctly and has lost contact with the JLR servers.
I found I could fix it by going into the fuse box on the RH side of the boot and removing fuse 24 (which supplies the telematics module) for a few minutes. When it is replaced it forces the module to boot up correctly and connectivity will be restored.
You'll also note that journeys you completed during the period that connectivity was lost will appear in the remote app, so the module must have recorded them even though it had lost contact with the JLR servers.
I've had to do this a few times in the 9 months I've had my XE but it's quick and not too bothersome, though I don't know why connectivity gets lost. I haven't so far thought it worth asking a dealer to troubleshoot it.
Well...having given this advice about removing fuse 24 for a few minutes to re-activate the telematics module I had to do so again myself today - and it didn't work. I tried again and still no joy. So I tried a third time, this time leaving the fuse out for around 10 minutes, and this time the module came back to life and sent accumulated journeys to the JLR servers again and accurately showed where the car was parked.
I don't understand this intermittent fault and it does look like there maybe a batch of faulty telematics modules fitted to MY20 and 21 cars, since I didn't have this issue with my previous MY18 XE. Still, while I can continue to coax the module back into life with the fuse 24 trick I don't think it's worth the 100 miles round trip to the dealership for warranty work and the inevitable initial denial that there is anything wrong, probably necessitating a second trip!
JLR electronics are a bit of a pain!

#16 ·
chrisjp said:
chrisjp said:
Well...having given this advice about removing fuse 24 for a few minutes to re-activate the telematics module I had to do so again myself today - and it didn't work. I tried again and still no joy. So I tried a third time, this time leaving the fuse out for around 10 minutes, and this time the module came back to life and sent accumulated journeys to the JLR servers again and accurately showed where the car was parked.
I don't understand this intermittent fault and it does look like there maybe a batch of faulty telematics modules fitted to MY20 and 21 cars, since I didn't have this issue with my previous MY18 XE. Still, while I can continue to coax the module back into life with the fuse 24 trick I don't think it's worth the 100 miles round trip to the dealership for warranty work and the inevitable initial denial that there is anything wrong, probably necessitating a second trip!
JLR electronics are a bit of a pain!
It's very poor from JLR, and equally disappointing. I'm expecting a lot of denial when I go to the dealers, hopefully I'm wrong and they get it sorted, but it doesn't fill me with hope when after describing both issues I get the response of "So you want to book your car in, because it has a fault with the internet". We shall see, I guess.

#17 ·
I have the same issue, only in my case it's limited to a non-functioning Remote Start. I took it to the dealer, hoping for a TCU software update to level 19.2. Instead they 'rebooted' the TCU (in all probablity by doing the fuse 24 trick). Remote Start worked for 24 hours then failed again.

It's not worth taking the car to the dealer just for this, but I intend to raise the issue again when I take it in for service. It's got to be either a TCU update or the TCU needs to be replaced if it's part of a faulty batch.

#18 ·
Dai said:
Well, both problems still persist. Emailed Jag CRC, and they could do nothing to help. So car is booked into the dealers.
So, car was meant to be in with the dealers tomorrow to fix my issues with pivipro continually losing its internet connection, and the car not feeding any data back to incontrol app or website. I get a call at half past 4 tonight saying that it's not worth coming as they don't have the updated software yet and I should probably leave it another few weeks to make sure they get it.

I then come on the forum and see that a number of people are receiving a pivipro update over the air! 🤬 What the hell are Jaguar playing at, I'm really starting to resent buying this car. The electronics and customer care really are appalling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.