Jaguar XE Forum banner

Bog standard audio upgrade. A result!

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GavinG 
#1 ·
My XE came with the bog standard poverty spec sound system, internal head unit amp, 2 tweeters, 4 woofers - I know this can be quite contentious, but my opinion was I needed to try something, I need some bass at low volumes, the standard install simply does not provide this.
I wasn't prepared to spend the money on amps, sub, new speakers - so I took a punt on an Aliexpress DSP - expect to pay between 140 and 180 Euro for the unit and loom.
I can't get over the result!
AMAZING
Truly.
These standard speakers are well well capable of providing decent sound, I'm not even going to buy a sub now, they're that good.
I wish there was a way I could record the results to prove it to you, but I don't think you'll get a taste of the bass or clarity if I simply record it on my phone (if anyone has any tips for recording it, please let me know)
If you have the standard install you NEED this unit, trust me, a complete stranger from the internet.

I'm still in testing phase at the minute, currently I have the rear woofers acting as "subs" their volume is lowered somewhat so I believe this is causing my parking sensor beeps to be lower than normal - as I believe the parking beeps come from the rear speakers? But anyway, I've turned the parking sensor beeps to max and they're loud enough for me!

I'm not going to go through the feature set, as there are many, search on youtube and there are a couple of videos there.

I used this store https://www.aliexpress.com/store/826459?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.464826catrJvLL on Aliexpress, simply because they were very helpful when I contacted them about a loom for the Jaguar, we ended up deciding to try a loom they sell for VW's and BM's, I knew I could change pins around if needed - and it IS needed, you only have to change the position of 2 pins, and remove one - simple.

Few pics below.

View attachment 10243

View attachment 10247

View attachment 3707

View attachment 805

Product Gadget Peripheral Font Input device

Electrical wiring Computer keyboard Cable Gadget Electric blue

There's really not a lot of room in the dash to put this box in, so at the moment it's velcro'd to the passenger footwell until I extend the cable and leave it under the passenger seat.

Please please please somebody else with bog standard audio take a punt on this, I can't recommend it enough it's a complete game changer imo.
Please also contact me for help doing the installation, I certainly have install tips and I'm sure I'll have setup tips by the time you get it delivered.
DO IT!!!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.