Intermittent noise

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
1stjag4me

Intermittent noise

Post by 1stjag4me » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 pm

I've clocked up just over 200 miles in the new car but have an intermittent noise, like someone blowing over the top of an empty glass bottle, when turning left. Doesn't happen all the time and I know if I take it back to the dealer they will just claim they can't replicate the issue. Any thoughts what the noise could be? Will take a passenger out with me next time to record it on my phone as proof for the dealer.
Santorini Black XE (Black Edition) P250 - Pivi-Pro - interactive driver display - 360 surround camera

Previous - MY18 Caldera Red XE R-sport 180ps

Wolfie1

Re: Intermittent noise

Post by Wolfie1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:24 am

My new car did this too, only did it after i had been driving for a while, although i was for a long drive the sunday past and it didnt, i was just going on the idea that its new and things may just need to wear in a bit

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:18 am

There is a weird situation where the hardness of the tyre rubber causes a noise on turning when it's cold. I am on a second set of tyres and just recently in the cold weather the noise returned. Once the tyre (and weather) warms it goes away. That maybe why you hear it on turns.
R Sport 180D 2015

spranga

Post by spranga » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:26 am

I have something similar, i think.. It started about 2 month ago.. the car have almost 2 years.. is the new XE 2020.
Sometimes i hear from the roof (?) a noise like a stone that hit the roof. I don't know what is it, but i neither lost my time bringing car to the dealer, i already know their answer -.-
Someone know more about this noise?