35t R Sport Tune

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
JB12883

35t R Sport Tune

Post by JB12883 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:55 am

I've seen a lot of post about VAP tuning, but all the post I've seen are a few years old. Is VAP still the best tune? Does anyone know of or tried any other tune? Has anyone used VAP on a 35t R Sport? Any input appreciated

BruceTheQuail

Re: 35t R Sport Tune

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:55 am

Gooday. I have the f type with the 380hp engine. The tune I think is the same for the XE. The tune take it to 400hp. I've driven the p400, it is a lot quicker than the p340 and noticeably better than the p380. One other Aussie had it on his car before getting the pulley done as well, he describes the tune only as being a great improvement and the pulley and tune as being insane.

About 18 months ago I went straight to insane without passing Go, with the pulley and tune (both VAP) generating 450hp and then a quad exhaust back end as well (also VAP, no power increase). The car is far quicker than my XKR (475hp) was, but it is very controllable. As is you can squeeze the power on without it overwhelming the systems and dts/traction control cutting everything off, so you can back off slowly as well. It is a fantastic mod, if I had the 6 cylinder XE I would be absolutely busting my nuts to get it done because I reckon it would suit the car perfectly.

On top of that, it seems to suit the transmission better and if anything the fuel economy has improved.

I'd recommend it. VAP participate a lot in the US forum, in particular on the F Type forum.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
2019 Mustang V8 manual in very subtle orange with many stripes
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi Bruce,

What MY is your F?
Did you have really good exhaust drama from it before the tune when you lift off above 3k rpm and was it unaffected after?
...maybe just taking a while to re-learn your driving style after being installed.

Cheers.
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:36 pm

Gooday. Mine is the 16.5 which was the second of the '16 model years (infotainment upgrade and EPAS I think). The exhaust was always very noisy with heaps of pops and bangs especially in dynamic. I put the VAP quad exhaust on at the same time as the pully and tune, and I nearly crapped myself when I heard how loud it was when I got it back, the pops and bangs are now like gunshots and cannonfire, it is just massively obnoxious so of course I love it.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
2019 Mustang V8 manual in very subtle orange with many stripes
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 am

Sounds good :D
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)