Post camshaft sensor update

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
First Jag-g-g

Re: Post camshaft sensor update

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sun May 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Indianajons,
What "Drain Hole Mod"? I searched the forum and didn't find anything overt. If needed to solve a problem, was this for all model years (since I have MY19 as one of the last before the XE refresh by JLR)?
Thanks!
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Sun May 02, 2021 4:29 pm

First Jag-g-g wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:04 pm
Indianajons,
What "Drain Hole Mod"? I searched the forum and didn't find anything overt. If needed to solve a problem, was this for all model years (since I have MY19 as one of the last before the XE refresh by JLR)?
Thanks!
https://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/abs-w ... luminated/
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sun May 02, 2021 4:47 pm

Thank you sir. Link very informative on ABS sensor/drain hole problem and mod solution. Since "it affects all Jaguar XE models produced between 2016 and 18" and I am MY19, I should be good :-)

It seems I made the right decision to consciously buy the very end of a design generation production (e.g. 2015-2019). Many of the things I have been reading on the forum over the last year as problems annoying the earlier XE model years, seem to have been fixed/included in the baseline production of my MY19, yay!
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Mon May 03, 2021 8:44 am

First Jag-g-g wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:47 pm
Thank you sir. Link very informative on ABS sensor/drain hole problem and mod solution. Since "it affects all Jaguar XE models produced between 2016 and 18" and I am MY19, I should be good :-)

It seems I made the right decision to consciously buy the very end of a design generation production (e.g. 2015-2019). Many of the things I have been reading on the forum over the last year as problems annoying the earlier XE model years, seem to have been fixed/included in the baseline production of my MY19, yay!
MY 19 were manufactured in 2018 (mine is MY17 manufactured March 2016) so may still require mod.... check on Topix, the Jag reference is H014
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

Zacarious

Post by Zacarious » Sun May 23, 2021 10:04 pm

So I received a letter from Jaguar Land Rover with a recall on the emissions of my Jaguar XF. Says this applies to XE models too (not sure which ones)

H149 engine system upgrade.
Even though I have had to pay for a new EGR valve I bet it was related to this problem in the first place with constant on off EML. Still goes on and off now and again but didn’t wanna pay another £100 for them to look at it. Now they will have to do it finally. Must of had many problems regarding the issue

Crownwheel

Post by Crownwheel » Fri May 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Indianajons
Sorry for tardy reply but yes, my 2016 vehicle does have the drain holes on the hub and I have removed the sensors and they were dry and clean. No a/c output on offside but OK on nearside (despite diagnostic saying nearside is the cause of my ABS problem) ??
In the meantime, no Cam sensor fail warning for the last few weeks or the automatic tyre pressure monitor fail warning.

The ABS etc also rectified itself again for a day or so before returning announcing itself with a "bing/bong" note whilst traveling but car performance still excellent (apart from the fact that dynamic mode is unavailable) I am reluctant to poke around with connectors just now as the car is running so well.
Fighter pilot - Found a supermarket that has diesel with a Wynns additive and after running 50 litres or so though the system I have only had one occurrance of what I assumed to be the EGR issue causing my hesitant acceleration.
Will try a further 50 litres. Thanks for tip.
John
Ultimate Black Jaguar 2016 XE R Sport 2.0 Diesel, Black pack with Oyster inlays on seats.