Start Stop Switch Fault dashboard alert

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Slatz73

Start Stop Switch Fault dashboard alert

Post by Slatz73 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Just PX'ed my wonderful 14 plate XF for a 6 month old 66 plate XE Prestige and 48 hours in it already has an amber dashboard warning alert/alarm with "Start Stop Switch Fault". The light is intermittent and comes on and off both whilst driving and parked up then disappears after 5-10 seconds max. The car runs absolutely fine (at the moment at least) and the Eco Stop / Start function also works without any issues (including the light etc.) so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Bit peeved as only 2 days in and the car is already having to go back to Jaguar to look at. Was wondered if anyone has any ideas what the problem / message may relate to, as I'm concerned it is the Engine Start Stop button that has the issue or possibly the battery or a loose connection which may cause a bigger issue soon (I.e. the car not starting) Any advice appreciated, thanks

PhilB

Re: Start Stop Switch Fault dashboard alert

Post by PhilB » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 am

Bit of a tricky one to know if it's the main stop/start button or the eco stop start switch.
As it seems to be intermittent it would probably be a loose connection or a wiring problem.
As far as I can recall, I don't remember seeing anyone getting a warning for the main button before.
The only one we have seen once in a while is eco stop/start unavailable and there's a known fix for that.
Hopefully it will be something simple that can be fixed by your dealer pretty quickly.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE - now gone. On order new Ford Mustang GT V8 fastback.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

ezzy111

Post by ezzy111 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Hey

I have come across this thread as this problem has just manifested itself with my car

Did you find a solution to the problem? If so could you please pass on the info as to what to do because i am baffled

Thank you!

Cotty1693

Post by Cotty1693 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Does anyone have any more information regarding this issue? The same fault has intermittently popped up in my car in all manner of differing conditions over the last 6 months!