Jaguar XE Forum banner

Project Redrum

39K views 75 replies 18 participants last post by  chrisjp 
#1 ·
Well since I will be modifying my wifes XE I have decided to document it as I go! Here is her car the day we picked it up.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Renesis said:
What quad exhaust valance have you ordered? The carbon fibre one?

Really want this mod for mine but not keen on the Carbon look
Yes, I am not huge on Carbon Fiber either but I am going to give it a try with just a few well place carbon fiber pieces. They do make that quad valance in matte black fyi.

#8 ·
Looks great. I'd like to fill out the back arches in ours as well. Spacers are illegal here so wider wheels are the only option.

I debadged my f type and blacked out the cat, the badges come off easy using dental floss, and I sprayed the cat with several coats of caliper paint before sticking it back on with black silicone (kudos to another Oz member of the US forum who explained it all). I only put the cat back on.

#9 ·
BruceTheQuail said:
Looks great. I'd like to fill out the back arches in ours as well. Spacers are illegal here so wider wheels are the only option.

I debadged my f type and blacked out the cat, the badges come off easy using dental floss, and I sprayed the cat with several coats of caliper paint before sticking it back on with black silicone (kudos to another Oz member of the US forum who explained it all). I only put the cat back on.
It's only illegal when you get caught 🤫🤫 I think I'm going to do plastidip on the emblems myself.

#10 ·
Yes, I thought that too as I had bought some for my car but then I was too worried about losing insurance if I had a prang.

I tried plastidip on the brightwork and it failed when I was taking the excess off, but I dont think I was doing it right. I used it on a spoiler for my daughter's Mazda2 GT (lolol!) and it worked really well, but I put about 8 coats on and did it off the car

#11 ·
Snailedit said:
Renesis said:

Yes, I am not huge on Carbon Fiber either but I am going to give it a try with just a few well place carbon fiber pieces. They do make that quad valance in matte black fyi.
Oh right I've not seen that is it on eBay?

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out so plenty of pictures please 😀

#12 ·
Renesis said:
Snailedit said:
Renesis said:

No but the link is below and it comes in matte black. I contacted the seller and they sent me a picture of the matte color it would be if I went that route but in the end I decide on the Carbon Fibeer. As soon as I get it, I'll take plenty of pics!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JC-Style-Carbon-Fiber-Racing-Rear-Bumper-Lip-Diffuser-for-Jaguar-XE-Sedan-4-Door-2015/32672844670.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.11.3bb736f9xaHepc

#17 ·
Nice! Do you have spacers on the rears and if so do you get any wheel rub? I wanted to put the centrifuge wheels from my f type on to the XE but the rears to too wide (and I was too scared of the reaction from my wife).

#18 ·
BruceTheQuail said:
Nice! Do you have spacers on the rears and if so do you get any wheel rub? I wanted to put the centrifuge wheels from my f type on to the XE but the rears to too wide (and I was too scared of the reaction from my wife).
Yes, I did 20mm in the rear first thinking the front was fine but once I did the rear I felt like the fronts need to be pulled out some. I wanted go try 15 mm up front but was afraid it would require me to cut the stock studs down some. As far as rubbing so far I have not felt or noticed any what so ever.

#19 ·
This may be a daft question but why would you have to shorten the studs for the 15mm spacers and not the 20mm?
I would have thought the standard studs would be to short for 15mm already and even shorter still for the 20mm, or am I missing something?

#20 ·
147daytona said:
This may be a daft question but why would you have to shorten the studs for the 15mm spacers and not the 20mm?
I would have thought the standard studs would be to short for 15mm already and even shorter still for the 20mm, or am I missing something?
I used Hub Centric spacers like these.

Automotive tire Telephone Rim Circle Automotive wheel system

Attachments

#21 ·
Always amazes me how a seemingly modest change on wheel spacing can have a dramatic affect on the look/stance of a car. Sorely tempted to do exactly the same but I can see what you mean about 15 mm probably being a better fit on the front. I also presume there has been no discernible effect on the handling characteristics?

#22 ·
BRC said:
Always amazes me how a seemingly modest change on wheel spacing can have a dramatic affect on the look/stance of a car. Sorely tempted to do exactly the same but I can see what you mean about 15 mm probably being a better fit on the front. I also presume there has been no discernible effect on the handling characteristics?
So far no issues with handling or the ride quality. I still havent done any spirited driving but everything in town driving seems great so far.

#23 ·
Snailedit said:
147daytona said:
I used Hub Centric spacers like these.

20190322_155615.jpg
Ah, I see. Thank you for enlightening me on those, it all makes sense now :)

#24 ·
Snailedit said:
Renesis said:
Snailedit said:

No but the link is below and it comes in matte black. I contacted the seller and they sent me a picture of the matte color it would be if I went that route but in the end I decide on the Carbon Fibeer. As soon as I get it, I'll take plenty of pics!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JC-Style-Carbon-Fiber-Racing-Rear-Bumper-Lip-Diffuser-for-Jaguar-XE-Sedan-4-Door-2015/32672844670.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.11.3bb736f9xaHepc
Noticed that the black one is slightly cheaper £159 delivered!

Do you think it's possible to cut the original valence and make good the edges at a body shop to make room for the tail pipes?

Does it look like the original pipes need to be cut to fit those on?

#25 ·
Renesis said:
Snailedit said:
Renesis said:

Noticed that the black one is slightly cheaper £159 delivered!

Do you think it's possible to cut the original valence and make good the edges at a body shop to make room for the tail pipes?

Does it look like the original pipes need to be cut to fit those on?
Cutting plastic without making it look rough might be hard. It could be done but I think the matte black one might be the best option if you want to save money and keep a stockish look. And no the quads will not fit the stock outlets as is.

#26 ·
It's not the cost particularly, I'm just not sure on the look of the quad valance but I really like the standard one.
Might have a word with the body shop and see what's possible. I've seen the cut out for the deployable towbar on our Volvo and that isn't a clean cut but it's only visible when your underneath the car.

I always thought the S trim should of had quads because the other petrols 240/250 models also get the twin outlets so there's nothing to make the S stand out. But maybe they saved the quads for the Project 8.

Can't wait for the photos!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.